How to Properly Maintain and CleanYour Aluminium Windows in the Philippines
Aluminium windows in the Philippines have become increasingly popular due to their durability, low maintenance requirements, and sleek appearance. Whether you have them for their aesthetic appeal or practical benefits, it’s essential to know how to maintain and clean them properly to ensure they look and function their best. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to keep your aluminium windows in the Philippines in top condition.
Why Aluminium Windows?
Aluminium windows have several advantages that make them a preferred choice for homeowners in the Philippines:
- Durability: Aluminium windows are highly resistant to corrosion and can withstand the tropical climate, making them a long-lasting option.
- Low Maintenance: They require minimal upkeep compared to other window materials, such as wood.
- Energy Efficiency: Aluminium frames can be equipped with energy-efficient glass, reducing your energy bills and providing better insulation.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Their sleek and modern design can complement any architectural style.
Now that you’ve chosen aluminium windows for your home, it’s crucial to maintain and clean them to ensure they maintain their appearance and functionality.
Maintenance Tips for Aluminium Windows in the Philippines
- Regular Inspections: Frequent inspections are essential to catch any potential issues before they become major problems. Look for signs of damage, loose hardware, or sealant deterioration. Address any issues promptly to prevent further damage.
- Lubricate Moving Parts: Aluminium windows often have moving parts like hinges and locks. Apply a silicone-based lubricant to these components to ensure they continue to operate smoothly. This prevents rust and corrosion and ensures they don’t get stuck in the humid climate of the Philippines.
- Check Seals and Weather Stripping: Examine the seals and weather stripping for wear and tear. Damaged seals can lead to drafts, water leaks, and reduced energy efficiency. Replace them if necessary to maintain a comfortable and energy-efficient home.
- Clean the Frames: Cleaning the frames of your aluminium windows regularly is vital to prevent the buildup of dirt and grime. Use a soft cloth or sponge and a mild detergent to wipe down the frames. Avoid abrasive cleaners or scrubbers, as they can scratch the surface.
Cleaning Aluminium Windows in the Philippines
To clean your aluminium windows effectively, gather the following supplies:
- Mild detergent or dish soap
- Soft cloth or sponge
- Bucket of water
- Soft-bristle brush
- Silicone lubricant
- Glass cleaner
- Microfiber cloth or newspaper
Start with the Frames:
Begin by cleaning the frames. Mix a small amount of mild detergent or dish soap with water and use the soft cloth or sponge to wipe down the aluminium frames. Pay special attention to areas with visible dirt or grime.
After washing, rinse the frames with clean water to remove any soap residue. This step is crucial, as soap residue can attract dirt and make the frames look dull.
Clean the Glass
Use a glass cleaner to clean the glass panes. Apply the cleaner evenly and wipe it off with a microfiber cloth or crumpled newspaper for a streak-free finish.
Proper maintenance and regular cleaning of your aluminium windows in the Philippines are essential to keep them looking and functioning at their best. By following the tips outlined in this guide, you can enjoy the many benefits of aluminium windows, from their durability to their modern aesthetic appeal, for years to come. Regular maintenance will also help you avoid costly repairs and replacements down the road, making it a worthwhile investment in the long run.